Have you always wanted to be a chef…or maybe you simply enjoy experimenting in the kitchen? If so, you have what it takes to create an original recipe for the “So You Think You Can Cook At The Fair” competition on September 28th and 29th in the new Agri-Food tent at Markham Fair.
Recipes must include the following:
- At least 3 Local Food ingredients
- At least 3 food groups from Canada’s Food Guide
- Cost less than $20 to make
- Be mixed, cooked and served on stage in 20 minutes
Eligibility: You must be at least 12 years old and be available to attend Markham Fair to prepare your recipe on either September 28th between 6 – 9 pm or September 29th between 6 – 9 pm.
No professional chef permitted.
- Finalists chosen to cook their recipe at Markham Fair will be selected from the recipes entered.
- A stove top unit and electrical outlets will be provided. Contestants must supply all ingredients and equipment necessary to prepare their recipe.
- Judging will be based on taste, appearance, knowledge and creativity.
- The winning contestant and recipe will be posted on the Markham Fair website.
- To register, submit your Name, Age, Email Address and Phone Number to firstname.lastname@example.org and add your recipe as an attachment.
Deadline for Application: September 23rd 2012 at 9pm
Successful contestants will be notified on September 25th 2012
Download the 2011 winning recipe for Flambé Shrimp with Creole Okra on Corn Pancake for the So You Think You Can Cook At The Fair competition. The 2011 winner was Lorne Kates from Markham.
Complete this form to register: