Are you new to the Markham Fair? Want to join and committee and volunteer? The best way to start is to come to the fair during fair time. Locate a area you are interested in at the fair. Introduce yourself to the Committee Chairperson. Find out how you can help and see where you can volunteer your time. Some Committees may already have enough volunteers, however the Chairperson will be able to help you find something you’d like to do.
Registration – For New Members
New Committee Members complete a registration form, attach the $5 fee and include Chairperson’s signature.
If you are joining a Markham Fair Committee for the first time, please contact the Chairperson of the committee to find out if committee positions are available. The committee Chairperson must approve before you proceed to the next step.
All Committee Members are required to complete a Committee Member Registration Form. You will only need to fill it out once. If you are new to committees at Markham Fair, please download the form, complete it and send it to your Committee Chairperson with your membership fee.
All Committee Members are required to join the Markham and East York Agricultural Society. By completing your Committee Member Registration Form with Chairperson signature and submitting your $5 fee, you will become a member of the Society. The fee is charged annually. Committee Members must be 18 or older to be eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
If you do not complete the Committee Member Registration Form and submit the membership fee, you cannot be on a Committee or a member of the Markham and East York Agricultural Society.
As an organization, we would like to more effectively communicate with each other. Please ensure that your mailing and e-mail address are up to date. You will receive messages or Markham Fair mail through the office or from your Primary Committee Chairperson.
Note: your Primary Committee is the one from which you choose to receive all your information. You may be participating on more than one committee, however to reduce duplicate messages, you will only receive information about the Fair from your Primary Committee Chairperson.
Message from the Board of Directors
Anyone wishing to serve on a Markham Fair committee must fully complete the Committee Member Registration Form including the signing and dating of the Waiver.
The onus to ensure Committee Members properly complete the Registration Form and pay the membership fee should be placed on the Chairperson of the relevant committee.
Renewal – For Existing Members
The 2017 Markham and East York Agricultural Society Memberships are now available for purchase from the Fair Office or online.
Memberships for the current year are available anytime up until the fiscal year end of November 30th.
There are a couple of key dates by which time renewal is required.
- You must be renewed by the January election in order to vote. (You must also hold the previous year’s Membership in addition to the current one to be eligible to vote)
- You must be renewed by September 8 to receive your Committee Envelope with passes to the Fair and invitation to the banquet.
- Each member must have their own e-mail address to renew online.
- If you know someone who did not receive this e-mail, it probably means we don’t have their e-mail address on file.
- Payment is accepted by Visa, MasterCard or Debit.
- Membership renewal is $5.00 and is for the period of December 1 to November 30.
- Members cannot prepay for 2 years in advance.
- If you have already paid for this year’s membership, you’ll have access to the members only area by inputting your username and password.
- When you first join the new online member’s only area, you will receive a welcome e-mail with a Username and Password. Please keep the welcome e-mail in a safe place and record your Username and Password.
- The link to the members only area is located in the footer of every page at www.markhamfair.ca .
The Committee Member Registration Form will be stored in a locked cabinet. Any data entered into our computer systems will also be secure and for use only by Markham Fair Office Administrators.