Come Be A Part of the 40th Old Time Fiddle Contest!!!
Saturday, October 1, 2016 – 7:00 p.m. Entertainment Tent
There are six classes: 12 years and under, 13-20 years, 21-40 years, 41-60 years, 61 years and over, and Duet. Also, there will be a Championship for all the 1st Place winners of the classes (excluding Duet). There are cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Winners.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your name, address, the class you will be entering, and your age.
Official Rules & Regulations
- Each Contestant must play a Waltz, Jig, and Reel, Breakdown or Hornpipe in that order with no time limit. If chosen for the Championship Class, three different tunes must be played.
- Contestants may register in only one (1) class, plus the Duet class. The 1st Prize winner from each age class will play off for the Championship.
- In the Duet Class, a Waltz and tune of choice must be played.
- If there is only one participant in the class, they will be awarded 2nd Place, and will not be allowed to compete in the Championship.
- No entries will be accepted after the contest is in progress.
- A contestant will be allowed to replay in case of an accident beyond player’s control (such as a broken string or a problem with the sound system).
- An accompanist will be provided for anyone who does not have one.
Remember, come early to do some jamming and warm up before the contest begins!!!