Chairpersons: Alexandra (Ali) Osborne
* Entry Forms Accepted From Monday, May 29th, 2017 to
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
* No Entries will be accepted after 8:00p.m.
September 14th, 2017 *Will be strictly enforced.*
- This Section is open to anyone with a special need, Mental or Physical.
- There is no age limit for this Section.
- All exhibits must be made since last year’s Fair and must be the work of the exhibitor, except where otherwise stated (hand over hand method).
- All entries are to be made through the fair office. (Markham Fair, 10801 McCowan Rd., Markham, ON L3P 3J3.)Fax: 905-640-8458. Entry forms are available through the Fair office or online at markhamfair.ca
****Entries made through schools or Groups do not require exhibitor fees and passes will not be issued.
Note: Must have School or Group name & address on entry form. Entries submitted by individuals will require 25 cents per entry. Entry forms must be at the Fair Grounds by September 14, 2017 by 8:00 p.m.
- One entry form per exhibitor except in Group Projects. An exhibitor may enter only one exhibit per Class.
- Note the following times for the delivery of exhibits: All Entries are to be brought to the General Exhibits Building on the Markham Fair Grounds on Friday, September 22nd, 2017, between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. or
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017, between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. sharp. Please note: we will be unable to accept late entries.
- Pick-Up Of Exhibits: Exhibits should be picked up at the Fair Grounds on Sunday, October 1st, 2017, between
6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Make enquiries through Chairpersons above.
- Please securely attach entry tag to the back, bottom right-hand corner of your exhibit. Attach top 1 1/4” of tag behind entry.
- The 2017 theme is: Gifts the Pioneers Gave Us. The
colour is: Baby Blue, Incorporate where possible.
- All entries noted with an * are to be donated to a food bank or appropriate charity. (Items suggested by food bank: any packaged food or hygiene (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc.) product and giftcards.)
Prize Money Classes #1-64:
1st – $4.00; 2nd – $3.50; 3rd – $3.00; 4th – $2.50; 5th & 6th – Ribbons; Other Entrants – Participant Ribbons.
Arts & Crafts (Not Hand Over Hand) – Classes #1-42
- Wreath – harvest theme. Not to exceed 10” diameter.
- Fridge magnet – Theme, see Rule J.
- Pencil or pen holder.
- Picture frame – may be an embellished purchased frame Not to exceed 6”x6”.
- Decorated flower pot. Mini 2” – 4”.
- Bracelet made with a pattern of colour, see Rule J.
- Jewelry, hand made (no bracelets) – any medium.
- Tissue Paper Creation – Not to exceed 6”square.
Colour, see Rule J.
- Egg carton plants.
- Basket, 3 quart max – Decorated.
- *Pop Can Tab Collection – not strung, by group, by weight. (to be donated to wheelchair charity).
- *Pop Can Tabs on a String, heaviest collection (to be donated to wheelchair charity).
- Christmas tree decoration with loop to hang on tree.
- Christmas stocking – any medium.
- Rock for your garden, decorated and/or painted
- Invitation – handmade. Canada 150.
- Invitation – computer made. Canada 150.
- Painting, freehand – water colour/tempera. Not to exceed 11”x14” – unframed. Colour, see Rule J.
- Painting, freehand oil or acrylic – unframed. Not to exceed 11” x 14”
- Picture, hand drawn – Line Art. Not to exceed 8.5” X 11” – unframed.
- Bookmark – decorated.
- Leaf pictures or rubbing, medium of your choice. Not to exceed 11”x 14”
- Paper bag puppet.
- Drawing, free hand. Not to exceed 8.5”x 11”.
- Finger painting. Not to exceed 11”x 14”. Colour, see Rule J.
- Hat or visor, decorated.
- Key chain made with pattern.
- DVD cover or paper jacket (jewel case) – designed.
- Face mask. Purchased and decorated – mask of Animal.
- Face mask. Papier mache – mask of Animal.
- Woodworking article made by entrant. Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Woodworking article bought, then decorated by entrant. Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Ceramic pottery or clay article, purchased & decorated – Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Ceramic pottery, clay or any modelling medium; article, Handmade – Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Metal Art, made by entrant. Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Spoon person. – Colour, see Rule J.
- String Art. Not to exceed 8.5”x 11” Including Hanger
- Craft or article of choice. Not to exceed 12” on any side.
- Candle – Decorated or hand made.
- Teddy or doll dressed as pioneer.
- Piggy bank.
- Canadian Flag made with candy. Not to exceed 8 ½” by 11”.
Arts & Crafts (Hand Over Hand)
– Classes #43-48
(Work completed with direct hand over hand assistance.)
- Collage. Not to exceed 11” x 14” – Canada theme.
- Painting. Not to exceed 11” x 14” – unframed. Colour, see Rule J.
- Sponge or vegetable print painting. Not to exceed
11” x 14”.
- Gift bag, decorated (small).
- Spoon person. – Theme, see Rule J.
- Craft or article of choice. Not to exceed 12” on any side.
Creative Writing – Classes #49-51
- Written piece about why you love Canada – written by hand or on computer by entrant. One page, one sided.
- Dictated Story – entrant tells story that is scribed by hand or on computer by another person. One page, one sided. About your favourite place in Canada.
- Recipe – Step by step. One page, one sided.
Photography – Classes #52-53(must be taken by entrant) Judged on photo, not mounting.
- Photograph – mounted. Not to exceed 8.5” x 11”.
- Collection of at least 2 photos on one theme
– attractively displayed. Not to exceed 8.5” x 11”.
Needlework – Classes #54-57
- Article of choice – made from fabric.
- A crochet, knit or corking article.
- Rug hooking article.
- Rag or woven item
Community Support Entries
– Classes #58-60
Refer to Rule K.
- *Article of choice – made from one packaged product. Not to exceed 24” on any side. By individual.
- *Article of choice made from two or more packaged products. Not to exceed 24” on any side. By individual.
- *Gift basket – See through wrapping. By individual.
Group Projects – Classes # 61-64
- Decorative mural – Celebrating Canada 150. c
Not to exceed 2’ x 4’.
- Felt or fabric wall hanging – Celebrating Canada 150. Not to exceed 2’ x 4’.
- *Article of choice made from two or more packaged products. Not to exceed 24” on any side. By Group.
- *Gift basket – See through wrapping. By Group.
Special Merit Awards:
Chouinard Bros. Roofing – $25.00
Cornell Roofing – $25.00
Tunnard Family – $25.00 (In Memory of Charles & Randy)
Vollett Family – $25.00
Osborne Family (2) – $25.00 each
Markham Sunrise Rotary – $25.00
Seeley-Warr Family – $25.00
Laura and Andrew Fidler – $25.00
Committee’s Choice Awards (3) – $25.00 each