Have you always wanted to be a chef…or maybe you simply enjoy experimenting in the kitchen? If so, you have what it takes to create an original recipe for the “So You Think You Can Cook At The Fair” competition on September 29th, 30th or October 1st in the Agri-Food tent at Markham Fair.
Recipes must include the following:
- At least 3 Local Food ingredients
- At least 3 food groups from Canada’s Food Guide
- Be mixed, cooked and served on stage in 20 minutes
Eligibility: You must be at least 12 years old and be available to attend Markham Fair to prepare your recipe on either September 29th, 30th or October 1st between 6 – 8 pm. Contestants can also be a group of people who enter one recipe and cook together on stage. Cooks under the age of 12 must cook with an adult.
No professional chef permitted.
- Finalists chosen to cook their recipe at Markham Fair will be selected from the recipes entered.
- Two table top induction units, a toaster oven and electrical outlets will be provided. Contestants must supply all ingredients and any other equipment necessary to prepare their recipe.
- Judging will be based on taste, appearance, knowledge and creativity.
- The winning contestant and recipe will be posted on the Markham Fair website.
- To register, submit your Name, Age, Email Address and Phone Number to email@example.com and add your recipe as an attachment, or fill out the form below.
Deadline for Application: September 25th, 2016 at 9pm
Successful contestants will be notified on September 27th, 2016
Complete this form to register:
Download the 2015 winning recipe for Markham Cheese Steak for the So You Think You Can Cook At The Fair competition. The 2015 winner was Lorne Kates from Markham.