1. Additional charges:
2. All exhibitors must provide a Certificate of Insurance that:
3. All indoor Exhibitors are required to complete a Certificate of Flameproofing and have it available upon request during the Fair. Any questions regarding flameproofing should be directed to Jason Scovell, Fire Prevention Officer, Markham Fire and Emergency Services, at 905-477-7000 extension 2282.
4. All food concessions are responsible for completing and returning the York Region Health Department Vendor Application form to Markham Fair at least two weeks prior to the opening of the Fair.
5. All food concessions must display a sign showing the menu and associated prices.
6. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests for specific booth spaces; however, Markham Fair makes final allocations. In addition, should adjustments to the floor plan be deemed necessary, Markham Fair reserves the right to relocate booths as required at any time.
7. Exhibitors may not sublet or operate any other business or sale of goods other than what is listed on the Commercial Exhibit Space Application/License.
8. Exhibitors must be in place and fully operational no later than Wednesday, September 29th at 8:00 pm or the exhibitor may forfeit license and rental fee.
9. Booth(s) must be open and staffed by competent personnel during all of the following hours of operation:
10. Each concession will be allotted 10 passes from the Concessions Office at check-in. Extra passes may be purchased for $8.00 each. These reduced rate passes are only available from the Concessions Office. Markham Fair reserves the right to limit the number of purchased passes available to any exhibitor.
11. Exhibitors must confine their exhibit and all other exhibit activities within the limits of their allotted space. Salespeople and demonstrators are prohibited from operating in the aisle or in any other location not assigned to the Exhibitor. No merchandise or décor is to be displayed beyond the front edge of the booth. All storage material is to be incorporated into the sales area. It must not be visible to the public.
12. Details of free draws must be provided in writing to Markham Fair prior to the first day of operation. The draw must be made by 5:00 pm October 3, 2010 and a list of the winners’ names and phone numbers along with the prizes awarded must be submitted to the Fair Office prior to leaving the Fairgrounds on October 3, 2010. Proposals for selling draw tickets must be provided to Markham Fair in writing and approved by the Board of Directors prior to the Fair.
13. There will be no vehicular traffic within Markham Fairgrounds once the Fair has started. Any deliveries must be dropped off at the Livestock Entrance. The complimentary delivery service for transporting supplies/merchandise into the Fair may be suspended at any time without notice at the discretion of Markham Fair.
14. All exhibitors are required to park personal vehicles in the designated Concession parking area.
15. Vehicles may not be incorporated into your concession space unless approved by Markham Fair.
16. Exhibitors may not dismantle or remove their booth before 6:00 pm Sunday October 3, 2010. No vehicles may enter the Fairgrounds to pickup booth materials until authorized. All exhibit material must be removed no later than 6:00 pm Monday October 4, 2010.
17. Approval of a Commercial Exhibit Space Application is indicated by one of the following: a) receipt of a confirmation letter/email by the Licensee from Markham Fair or b) signature on the License by Markham Fair. Acceptance of cash, cheque, credit card or other means of payment does not constitute approval by Markham Fair.
18. Markham Fair reserves the right to reject or accept any application for rental space or a license at any time for any reason.
19. Markham Fair is not liable to any exhibitor/licensee for any damages it may suffer as a result of its participation at Markham Fair.
20. The Commercial Exhibit Rules and Regulations shall take precedence over the Commercial Exhibit Guidelines and form part of the license agreement. A copy of the Commercial Exhibit Rules and Regulations is available under Rules and Regulations.