Markham Fair 2017
September 28, 29, 30, October 1.
The Markham Fair grounds are located at 10801 McCowan Road, at Elgin
Mills in Markham. (10 minutes north of the 407). Click
here for a link to directions and maps. Markham is located in York
Region, Ontario, just north of Toronto.
Markham Fair is one of Canada’s oldest country fairs and is held annually the weekend before Thanksgiving. It showcases our heritage at its best and features a variety of family entertainment including a demolition derby, tractor pull, monster truck show, horse pull, livestock shows, music entertainment, Homecraft & Agricultural exhibits, fireworks, midway rides and a marketplace for vendors.
With approximately 60,000 visitors during the 4-day event, Markham Fair is a great opportunity to promote and sell specialty products and food, or the latest in consumer goods and services.
We offer 18,000 square feet of indoor concession space and unlimited outdoor space for commercial vendors including water and hydro hookups. We also have a limited number of camping spaces on the fairgrounds.
Due to its success in 2014 we will continue providing additional premium vendor space within a long tented area that will be located in the outdoor concessions area. This new space will provide vendors and guests a more pleasant experience in the event of inclement weather. These spaces will be lined along a walking path. Spaces within this tent have the ability to be sectioned into 10ft depth by 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 feet of width or frontage dependent on your needs. The tent will be open to one side (front). Security patrols the grounds at night but it is your responsibility to cover your product.
If you are interested in being a vendor at the 2017 Markham Fair, use the contact form, send us an email or send a letter by mail or fax providing the following information:
- Company Name
- Your Name
- Company Phone Number and/or Cell Phone Number
- Email Address
- Products or services you wish to sell or promote
- Other Shows where you have exhibited
- Indoor or Outdoor Space Preference
Markham Fair’s policy is to offer the previous year’s vendors first option to their space. The allocations for last year’s vendors will not be complete until late July. Requests for space from new vendors will be reviewed in July and if suitable space becomes available, you will receive an application via email.
If you receive a Concession Space Application/License, the signed application and payment in full, must be received by Markham Fair before the application is approved. Once your application is approved it becomes a License and a letter or email is sent to confirm your space. Once your application is approved or payment is processed, a $100 plus HST, non refundable administration fee will apply, should you decide to cancel for any reason. If Markham Fair does not approve your application, payment in full will be returned or refunded.
We look forward to hearing from you regarding concession space and thank you for your interest in Markham Fair.
Indoor Concession Space
- Minimum indoor space is 10’ x 10’.
- Additional space is sold in 10’ increments.
- Buildings are set-up with drapery dividers featuring 8’ backs and low side dividers.
- Not all booths have a flat wall at the back of the booth
- Cost: $500.00 per 10’ x 10’ space.
- Interior corners have an additional charge of $50.00
- Exterior corners have a half booth charge of $250.00
- Minimum Space is 10’ x 10’
- Additional space is sold in 10’ increments
- Tent is set-up in long rows with tall whit side divider between booths
- Cost: $460.00 per 10’ x 10’ space
Outdoor Concession Space
- Outdoor space is sold by the linear foot at a minimum of 15’
- Additional space is sold in 5’ increments.
- Depth is 15’ to 20’ (subject to availability).
- Cost: $80.00 per 5’ (Minimum rental of 15’)
- Propane Equipment Inspection Charge – $35.00
- Food Vendor Services Charge – $100.00
- Tent Permit Fee – $75.00
- House Trailers – $20.00 per day (must be located in designated camping area)
- C.A.F.E. Mandatory Levy – $15.00 per booth location (see below for more information)
- Each concession space is charged a $35.00 minimum hydro fee (includes access to 1 standard 15A, 110V plug)
- A 220 volt hook up will be an additional $100.00 each
All charges are subject to HST
2017 Markham Fair Hours of Operation
September 28th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
September 29th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
September 30th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
October 1st 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Application information is available by contacting Markham Fair at 905-642-3247 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.A.F.E. MANDATORY LEVY SUBMISSION
About C.A.F.E: The Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions (C.A.F.E) is a non-profit organization established in 1924 and largely funded by membership fees. C.A.F.E represents Canadian rural fairs, urban exhibitions, agriculture societies, provincial associations, industry service providers and affiliate associations with a direct interest in the industry.
C.A.F.E’s Vision Statement: As the national voice for Canadian Fairs and Exhibitions, the Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions will lead a thriving industry which represents the cultural, emotional and traditional connections to all Canadians providing significant economic advancements for the communities we serve.
Mandatory C.A.F.E Levy Fee for Non-Members: Fairs, exhibitions and stampedes participating in the program will assess to all licensed vendors at their show a Participation Levy Fee per event for each booth location.
The following participation levy rates will apply: $0 for C.A.F.E annual paid members (member in good standing) -$15 per booth location for non- C.A.F.E members. C.A.F.E will confirm members in good standing to each participating fair, exhibition and stampede. Each participating fair, exhibition and stampede will collect the Participation Levy on behalf of C.A.F.E and remit to the C.A.F.E National Office following their event. To become a member of C.A.F.E. go to http://www.canadian-fairs.ca/en/join/
Markham Fair: $15.00 will be collected for each booth location and remitted to the C.A.F.E. National Office following the Fair.