Markham and East York Agricultural Society
10801 McCowan Road, Markham, Ontario L3P 3J3
Telephone: (905) 642-3247, Fax: (905) 640-8458 Email: email@example.com
Your signature on the Concession Space Application/License will be considered proof that you have read the General Information & Rules and Regulations for Commercial Concessions and that you have agreed to the following:
The Vendor agrees to abide by and conform to all rules and regulations adopted by the Markham and East York Agricultural Society. The Markham and East York Agricultural Society shall have the absolute right and discretionary power to alter, amend, add to or cancel any of these rules and regulations in individual cases without prior notice.
Note: 10 ft x 5 ft spaces are 10 ft wide and 5 ft deep and are only available for vendors promoting or selling a service. There are no 10 ft x 5 ft outside corner booths.
Food Vendor Service Charge
No application will be considered and no space will be held without a signed application and payment. Acceptable methods of payment are debit, credit card, e-Transfer, cash or cheque. A $50 penalty will apply for NSF cheques. E-transfers may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All vendors must provide a Certificate of Insurance that
1) confirms a minimum of $2,000,000 Commercial General Liability including Products and Completed Operations coverage,
2) Names Markham and East York Agricultural Society (not Markham Fair) as an Additional Insured, and
3) Confirms coverage for the duration of the Fair including set-up and take-down days.
Certificates must be emailed to email@example.com by September 15th. Vendors will not be permitted to move in and/or set up without proper insurance coverage and evidence thereof.
If your complete and correct certificate of insurance is not received prior to set-up, set-up will be denied until a proper certificate is received. Certificates of insurance should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide a certificate of insurance prior to the opening day of the Fair will result in forfeiting your licence and no refund will be provided.
All indoor vendors are required to complete a Certificate of Flameproofing and have it available upon request during the Fair. Any questions regarding flameproofing should be directed to Markham Fire and Emergency Services at 905-477-7000 extension 2210.
All food concessions are responsible for completing a York Region Health Vendor Application for Events Form to York Region Health Department no later than September 8, 2023.
All food concessions must display a sign with the menu and associated prices.
All propane equipment used at Markham Fair will be inspected by TSSA to ensure it meets with safety regulations. Any costs associated with non-compliance will be the vendor’s responsibility.
Indoor vendors may set up on Tuesday, September 26th and Wednesday, September 27th between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm.
Outdoor Vendors may set up on Monday, September 25th between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm and Tuesday, September 26th and Wednesday, September 27th between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm.
Vendors must be in place and fully operational no later than 8:00 pm Wednesday, September 27th or the vendor may forfeit their license and rental fee.
The Commercial Buildings will open at 8:00 am each morning for vendors to restock, set up or clean up. All vehicles must be off the Fairgrounds 30 minutes prior to the opening of the Fair.
Admission gates open promptly at 9:00 am each day of the Fair. Indoor and Outdoor booth(s) must be open and staffed by competent personnel during all of the following hours of operation:
Thursday, September 28, 2023 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday, September 29, 2023 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Saturday, September 30, 2023 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sunday, October 1, 2023 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Vendors may not dismantle or remove their booth before 6:00 pm Sunday, October 1st. No vehicles may enter the Fairgrounds to pick up booth materials until authorized. All exhibit material must be removed no later than 4:00 pm Monday, October 2nd.
All 220-volt electrical connections will be disconnected no later than 8:00 pm on Sunday. October 1st.
Each concession will be allotted 10 passes from the Concessions Office at check-in. Extra passes may be purchased for $12.00 each. These reduced rate passes are only available from the Concessions Office. Markham Fair reserves the right to limit the number of purchased passes available to any vendor.
Admission to Markham Fair by an exhibitor or their staff shall require a pass. A pass admits one person to Markham Fair for one day; however, should that person leave the Fairgrounds they may have their hand stamped for readmission on the same day. Exhibitors or their staff who are not in possession of a pass are required to purchase a general admission ticket to enter the Fairgrounds. Markham Fair will not reimburse the cost of this ticket.
Exhibitors are required to park personal vehicles in the Concessions parking area, (north driveway, off McCowan Road). Exhibitors are not allowed to park in the Directors/Committee parking lot at the corner of Elgin Mills Road and McCowan Road.
All exhibitors are required to park RVs and motorhomes in the designated parking area at the East end of the track. Vehicles may not be incorporated into your concession space unless approved by Markham Fair. Parking is free for everyone.
There will be no vehicular traffic within the Fairgrounds once Markham Fair has started. Any deliveries must be dropped off at the Livestock entrance (north driveway, off McCowan Road). The complimentary delivery service for transporting supplies/merchandise into the Fair may be suspended at any time, without notice, at the discretion of Markham Fair. Loading and unloading are the responsibility of the vendor.
Indoor booths include drapery, with 8 ft high backs and 3 ft high side dividers. To ensure that all vendors have a good sightline from the aisle, displays must not exceed the height of the drapery. Minor variations, such as step-down sidewall displays may occur, but must not exceed 8ft high beyond 4 ft from the back wall.
Tables, chairs, skirting, tablecloths, etc. are not provided by Markham Fair. These items may be ordered at your expense from our drapery provided, OPS Event Rentals Inc. OPS may be contacted at 905-624-6955.
Vendors must confine their concession and all other concession activities within the limits of their allotted space. Salespeople and demonstrators are prohibited from operating in the aisle or any other location not assigned to the vendor. No merchandise or décor is to be displayed beyond the front edge of the booth. All storage material is to be incorporated into the sales area and must not be visible to the public.
Every effort will be made to accommodate requests for specific booth spaces; however, Markham Fair makes final allocations. In addition, should adjustments to the floor plan be deemed necessary, Markham Fair reserves the right to relocate booths as required at any time.
Vendors may not sublet or operate any other business or sale of goods other than what is listed on the Concession Space Application/License.
Details of free draws must be provided in writing to Markham Fair before the first day of the Fair. All draws must be made by 5:00 pm Sunday, October 1st and a list of the winner’s name and phone numbers along with the prizes awarded must be submitted to the Fair Office before leaving the Fairgrounds on Sunday, October 1st. Proposals for selling draw or raffle tickets must be provided to Markham Fair in writing by August 21st, for approval by the Board of Directors.
Vendors who plan to erect a tent or awning over their booth must include the added space necessary to accommodate guide wires and supports. All applicable building codes must be adhered to and relevant costs paid for by the Licensee.
No pets are allowed on the Fairgrounds, except pets taking part in a Fair event which must be leashed and leashed service animals or working animals required to assist disabled persons.
Markham Fair has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by vendors to Markham Fair volunteers, committee members or employees. Markham Fair reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the Fairgrounds without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behaviour.
If a Vendor cancels their license for any reason up to 45 days before the Fair, they shall forfeit 50% of the total amount of the license. If a Vendor cancels their license for any reason within 45 days of the Fair, they shall forfeit the total amount of the license.
Vendors are expected to ensure that all Ontarians with Disabilities are treated with respect in accordance with the customer service regulations of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Rules and Regulations for Commercial Concessions
In consideration of being granted a license to use the specified facilities or space of the Markham and East York Agricultural Society (hereinafter called Markham Fair) the undersigned (hereinafter called the Licensee) agrees to all the terms, conditions and covenants herein contained
21. Licensees planning to operate free draws or distribute any advertising material must provide complete details to Markham Fair, in writing, prior to the first day of operation. All awards must be drawn prior to the closing of the Fair and the names of winners, along with their address and telephone number must be submitted to Markham Fair on the final day of the license agreement.
22. Indoor exhibits located in center locations must not exceed eight feet in height (including signs). Exhibits located along perimeter walls may be built higher, if approved by Markham Fair.
23. Exhibit walls and dividers may not be higher than four feet from the floor at any point beyond five feet from the back of the exhibit.
24. The Licensee agrees to maintain clean premises and observe sanitary food handling practices. All food Licensees are required to complete a York Region Health Vendor Application Form and provide it to Markham Fair at least two weeks prior to the opening of the Fair. All food concessions are subject to inspection by York Region Health.
25. Refuse/waste containers for use inside the concession are the responsibility of the Licensee. All refuse must be placed in the designated refuse bins in that area. All cardboard must be flattened and tied for recycling.
26. Gray water must be held in reservoirs until disposed of by Markham Fair Staff.
27. Late arrivals may find their space occupied by a “stand by” licensee. No refunds will be paid in this instance.
28. Cancellation of agreement by Licensee up to 45 days before the Fair shall result in the forfeiture of 50 percent of the total amount of this license. Cancellation of agreement by Licensee within 45 days of the Fair shall result in the Licensee being liable for the total amount of this license.
29. The Licensee shall be charged for electrical services to connect to power sources and electrical inspection fees as per license.
30. Hydro hookups are available but could be up to 50 feet from the space. It is the responsibility of each Licensee to provide his/her extension cord. All hydro equipment and connections mustconform to the Electrical Safety Code in Ontario and CSA Approved Standards. Available hydro hookups are as follows: 110 volt is one triplex 15 amp circuit, 220 volt is one 30 amp circuit or two 15 amp circuits.
31. No pegs may be driven into any paved area without permission of Markham Fair.
32. The Licensee agrees that no display material may be dismantled or removed during the entire term of the license agreement.
33. The Licensee agrees to remove all materials, supplies and equipment within 24 hours of the final day of the license agreement or at the discretion of Markham Fair. Failure to comply will result in Markham Fair removing and disposing of any items at the expense of the Licensee.
34. The Licensee is subject to an additional charge equivalent to 25 percent of the total of this license for each day the Licensee exceeds the dates stated in the licensed agreement.
35. Undue noise or unseemly methods of demonstration employed while operating concessions or exhibits will not be tolerated. Sound levels of radios, P.A. systems and all other sound amplification equipment must not interfere with other licensees or event patrons. The decision of what constitutes undue noise or unseemly methods shall rest with Markham Fair whose decision shall be final.
36. Licensees vending food and/or refreshments are not permitted to use sound amplification systems.
37. All concessionaires accept responsibility for understanding the regulations of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and will comply with the customer service requirements now in effect in the Province of Ontario.
38. Approval of a Concession Space Application is indicated by one of the following: a) receipt of a confirmation letter/email by the Licensee from Markham Fair or b) signature on the License by Markham Fair. Acceptance of cash, cheque, credit card or other means of payment does not constitute approval by Markham Fair.