Frequently Asked Questions:
- I would like to become a volunteer?
- When is the Demolition Derby?
- Where are the Bank Machine locations?
- When is the Markham Fair?
- What are the hours of the fair?
- How much does it cost to get into the fair?
- Is there shuttle bus service?
- Is the Markham Fair wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I get contest details?
- What events are happening each day?
- Where can we buy Midway tickets?
- What is included with my gate admission?
- Can we bring our dog to the Fair?
- Where can I get education material for my students?
- Where are the local accommodations?
If your question is still not answered on this page, please contact
the fair office by phone at 905-642-3247 or by e-mail at
I would like to become a volunteer at Markham Fair, how do I do that?
A: There are some part-time and full-time volunteer positions available. Check the committee list for an area that interests you. The chairperson’s name and phone number are listed for each of the 70 committees. We recommend that you contact the chairperson directly. The chairperson will be able to advise you on how to proceed if there is a position available. For more information about our Human Resources check out the link to HR.
When is the Demolition Derby?
A: The Demo Derby is held on the Saturday night, during the fair.
The first heat starts at 7:00 PM. If you are interested in participating,you
can download and print the rules and entry form from this link http://www.markhamfair.ca/canadas-largest-4-day-agricultural-fair-6/competitions-and-contests/demolition-derby/
Where are the Bank Machine locations?
A: There are two ATM’s housed in a miniature barn just inside
the West entrance, near the midway. There is also on ATM machine between building #3 and building #4. The third location for ATM’s is near the washrooms in the General Exhibits building. Check out the map
here.(opens in a new window)
What are the hours of the fair?
A: The Markham Fair opens the gates at 9:00 AM and admits no one past
10:00 PM. The exhibit buildings are open from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Most of
the evening events are finished by midnight. The entire Fair closes at 6:00
p.m. on Sunday.
How much does it cost to get into the fair?
A: Admission for adults is $15. Children 12 and under are $2. Check
out our complete Admissions page.
Where can I get shuttle bus service details?
A: The latest schdule is online on another page in this web site. Follow
this link for more shuttle bus service details.
Is the Markham Fair wheelchair accessible,
and do you have chairs available for rent?
A: The Markham Fair is wheelchair accessible and we have free chairs
available for use during the fair. You can pick up your chair from either of
the two information booths, located north of the racetrack judging tower or
just inside the main gates at the East entrance.
Where can I get contest details?
A: There are many contests and competitions at the fair. Please contact
the fair office at
to obtain a prize book or visit this site to locate the categories which interest
Fill out the entry form and submit it by the deadline. Don’t forget to
read the Rules and Regulations.
Contact names & no’s. for:
• Baby Contest (Pam Hollands 905-852-1119) – entry form can be downloaded and printed – go
to home page & click on “Baby Contest” under the Visitors heading.
• Spelling Bee (Cathy Lee 905-294-3179)
• Pet Show (Marion Norton 905-649-5824)
• Teen Talent Contest (Cathy Lee 905- 294-3179)
What’s happening day by day in the way
of entertainment during the fair?
A: A full list of events is available at events.
Visit the site after August 15 for a complete program schedule.
Where can we buy Midway tickets and how much are they?
A: Ride-All-Day passes will be available for $33 only when purchased in advance at select local retail outlets or online. They are available from September 6th to September 26th ONLY at these locations:
- Candlelight and Memories 6198 Main Whitchurch-Stouffville
- Stouffville Florist 6343 Main Street Whitchurch-Stouffville
- La Belle Flowers and Gifts 138 Anderson Avenue, Suite #1 Markham
- Home Hardware 5762 Hwy 7, Markham
- Markham Fair Office (near the flag pole) 10801 McCowan Road, Markham
Midway orders, go to http://www.worldsfinestshows.com
Ride-All-Day midway passes are not for sale during the fair. They must be purchased before the fair starts.
Q: What is included with my gate admission?
A: Just about every attraction or activity is included in your gate admission. This includes, Monster Truck shows, Demo Derby, Truck and Tractor Pulls, Live Bands, Horse Pull, Magicians, Jugglers and other Performers, Animal displays and shows, Livestock and Homecraft Exhibits and much more. Some activities are not included and must be paid to the provider of the midway rides and Monster Truck rides and Pony and Camel rides. You may also purchase a variety of items from our Vendors including food and beverages.
Can we bring our dog to the Fair?
A: Dogs are not permitted on the grounds unless participating in the
Agility Competitions or in the Children’s Pet Show on Friday afternoon. Dogs will be admitted a half hour before your event.
Where can I get agri-food industry education material for my students?
A: Ontario Agri-Food Education Inc. provides a wide variety of resource
material and information that enhances the ability of teachers and learners
to understand the value and importance of an agri-food system. All resources
link the content and agri-food concepts to the curriculum expectations
in the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum Guidelines.
• The Comfort Inn (preferred) http://www.comfortinnmarkham.com is
located at 8330 Woodbine Ave. just south of Hwy.#7.•
Monte Carlo Inn http://www.montecarloinns.com/torontoMarkham.html is
located on Woodbine Ave just north of Hwy#7.
• The Holiday Inn http://www.holiday-inn.com is
located at 7095 Woodbine Ave. north of Steeles Ave.
• Delta Hotels http://www.deltahotels.com/ located
at 50 East Valhalla Drive, Hwy.#7 East of Woodbine Ave.
• Hilton Suites Toronto/Markham Conference Centre & Spa 8500 Warden
Ave. at Highway 7 http://
• Howard Johnson Markham, 555 Cochrane Drive Hwy 404 & Hwy 7. http://www.hojomarkham.com/